Through the following initiatives, the worker will assist our members through;
- Cultural awareness sessions
- Illness and injury prevention workshops
- Community Wellness Worker
- Facilitation of programming for school age children and seniors, to promote healthy and quality lifestyles.
- Meals on Wheels
- Sports Night for kids aged 6 to 12
- Healthy Cooking/Soup Kitchen
Referrals and appointment scheduling are ongoing for counselling with Native Mental Health Counsellor.
Community Health Representative
Responsible for the promotion of healthier, active lifestyles through the provision of educational, recreational, cultural/spiritual activities.
Activities and initiatives include:
- Diabetic teachings and awareness sessions
- Heart health sessions
- Educational workshops – cancer, alzheimer’s, blood pressure screening and monitoring, pre natal screenings, mental health and wellness, and so forth
- Youth Group/Counselling sessions on Thursday evenings